Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Birthday Present

Excitedly and unexpectedly, my mom & dad bought me my birthday present a few weeks ago. I dragged them with me to go buy a snowboard, because I needed the ride and company. But they insisted on getting it for me, as a birthday present, and man am I excited for it to snow.

Spec:

Ride Solace 146

You can't see the detail, but this board is gorgeous. I love that a part of the wood is exposed and the graphics are enamel in-lay instead of completely painted over. Why paint over what's naturally well-made and appealing?

The board itself is all-mountain, perfect for my lack of tricks and jumps and desire to just carve down the slopes. With many falls in between.

Ride VxN bindings

Bindings don't get me excited, but at least they match the board. I never thought I'd care about things like boards and bindings matching, but, these are so feminine I couldn't help but let that side take over. Next thing you know, I might match my purse with my shoes...

Salomon Vigil Boots

Comfort is #1. Of all the brands I've tried, Salomons fit me best. The insides are made with slightly plushy material, making it all the more comfortable. Last year I tried on a pair that was made of velour inside; wish I got those as I can't find them anwhere now. Still, these moonshoes are all that I could ask for in a boot. Without heals.

Now, all it has to do is snow...

[Edit: I totally sound like I am in high school in the above post.]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if they only had APD in Norway, Alaska, Canada or Greenland...

(Pretty hard to advise penguins in Anarctica).

It's almost the big two fo' 4 sho'!
Yeshhsirrrr (Gutter Hotlantaccent)(^______~)o

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice =)

7:48 AM  
Blogger Max E Pad said...

Long board, short board? Don't forget to wax your board regularly to protect the finishing and also gives that ride that special kick!
Though I've long since given up on snowboarding, I would still love to get together and hit the slopes; let's chat and schedule something! YAY.

I miss you, and if we should pass Christmas and New Years without seeing or hearing from one another, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

PS - I heard you guys bought a new house? Do tell! Teresa is very excited for the family-together!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home