Sunday, November 05, 2006

Secret Hopes

It's 4:44 a.m., Sunday morning. Tomorrow at this time, I will be on my way to the airport for my regular 6 a.m. flight. But tonight? I just got back from a night of partying and I have some thoughts to share before I pass right out on my pillow.

First, Shanty and I went to catch the American Ballet Theatre, where they performed one mediocre piece, one fantastic piece, and one comical piece. Afterwards, we went to Ben Ash and got some much-craved, but not very satisfying, Latke. Finally, we went to Plan B for Diana's birthday celebration.

The point of my story is that I was secretly hoping that a certain someone would come to Plan B. He said he wouldn't, but in my mind, I was really hoping that he would surprise me and show up. These thoughts tonight remind me that we all have these secret hopes that we wish onto others, and that these little hopes sometimes stay with us through the day/night/week/year/lifetime. It's amazing what these secret hopes hold - and I'm a little disappointed that mine did not come true tonight.

Luckily, he was incredible in fulfilling another secret hope that I have had: to be given flowers for no reason. Secret hopes do come true.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the secret hopes do tell alot. like the flowers one shows that you are NOT, in fact, an emotionless robot.. ;-P

you wrote once on my blog that you were happy that you knew the inside stories behind each of the things i talked about. here i can say the same, that i'm glad i know who and what secret hopes you wrote of.

beautiful flowers, btw. :)

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you were at Plan B and I didn't see you. :(

4:46 PM  
Blogger Max E Pad said...

Jeanne, I'm terribly sorry, however, no fight services between DC and NY at 4 in the morning, otherwise, I would have shown up, really. Don't be too upset.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>=D Ahhh , now that sounds just like a movie too! Maybe the "secret" person was there and nearby, but unable to locate you at the right moment, like that John Cusack movie: "Serendipity" (^_~)o

No wait... wrong film? Still Sis, some things are like fine wine, and they age well with time! Nice'n slow like those flowers that took time to grow~ Arf.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Jinhee said...

wait, what, who???

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jinhee said...

oh, btw, I wanna hear all about saturday!

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

You guys are too funny. tOO funny.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home