Sunday, December 10, 2006

Epic Trip!

I may have mentioned this before, but go here, as I promise you won't regret it: http://www.epictrip.com

You know my passion for travel. You see the brouhaha about flickr.com and youtube.com. Some of you know my theories about the changing face of communications.

Epic Trip seamlessly integrates and presents all of the above, and I think it is what the traveler of our generation has been searching for and is in need of... in essence, it connects travelers to each other, to others' experiences, and very importantly, to the destination. It's fun, it's personal, and it finally speaks to the fact that a travelsite shouldn't just be about the cheapest fare from point A to point B.

Type in a city - you'll get back flickr.com pictures, youtube.com videos, expedia.com pricing, direct-from-hotel videos. Don't know where to go? Cick on Travel blogs or photos, and view member's input. And what's nuts, this is all the Beta version, so there's even more to come. I've already put some of my stuff on there.

I know you'd like it too - since you're my friends and I think I know your taste. For the creativity, for the connectivity.. for the fact that one of my friends is the founder. Check it out when you're free.

From the site:
Epic Trip is a new and unique way for travelers to know what their destinations and their hotels are all about, even before setting off. By connecting our travelers with videos, virtual tours, reviews, and the wealth of experience brought to bear by the very users of Epic Trip, it is our mission is to spark people's desire to discover their own epic trip.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds great...like something that could be really useful for someone at the World Cup.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa Mei, I clicked on that link and there you were, "Featured Member" ! (o.O)

It's quite an interesting browse, mostly flash based while piggybacking on other portals' resources.

Nicely coded for a beta site... *shrug*

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home