Wednesday, May 03, 2006

iCame, iSaw, iPod

It is tiny; unfathomably tiny. How did we go from boomboxes to this 1.5 oz, 3.5" x 1.6" almost paper thin contraption? I cannot wait for the day that the music players are the size of quarters - it makes me wonder why the watch mp3 haven't taken off. I suppose part of the appeal of owning an iPod; the symbolism of having one in the first place - to be a part of the in-group and to immediately feel a kinship to other owners. Apple users, Google users (before it became commoditized), Razor users, Air Jordan owners, Mini Cooper drivers, even Starbucks drinkers, all feel like they are a part of an elite, in-the-know group, which helps reinforce the image and the brand.

I did get it engraved (sorry to disappoint, but "AKA:") would required too much explanation had my brother asked me to explain. I got a iSkin to protect it, but it loses all of it's sleekness, and plus, you can't see the engraving. Which reads: "iAm Jeanne's" sitting right above the Apple logo and the word: "iPod".

4 Comments:

Blogger Max E Pad said...

Still, nothing beats the ultra-retro-futuristic chic Casio calculator watch. I think we were at the height of our civilization when that watch was initially introduced; technology has gone down hill since then....long live the Casio watch that once made nerds cool........

11:32 AM  
Blogger Max E Pad said...

Yes, by default, I was a nerd.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Jinhee said...

clever

btw, death to starbucks.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, what a clever engraving ;)

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home