Sunday, March 26, 2006

St. Charles, Il.

I have settled into the Q-Center in St. Charles, Il, after a slight change of plans. Instead of arriving and partying in Chicago last night, I opted for the 6 a.m. this morning to arrive on the campus bright and early instead.

The morning is so nice. Why have I been so averse to it before? Birds are chirping, the sun is shining, and the day is full of potential. I could hike along the river, surrounded by this:



Or walk a mile to the small town of St. Charles and visit some "specialty" shops, as the front desk suggested.


I wanted to tell him that where I come from, a "specialty" shop doesn't always have the most chaste connotations, but spared him the "I am from New York" speech.

The campus itself has a good fitness facility, and buffets to fill me, and views to awe me:


But you know, with all that there is to do, an option that sounds great is to sit in my room on the fourth floor, read a bit of my book, and watch one of the movies that has traveled with me over 5,000 miles over the past few weeks that I've yet to watch. With all the potential there is today though, I think the one that sounds best right now is a nap.



Good night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're soaking up the sunshine on the central standard!

The training area looks so serene, that I'd pick some ZzZzz over watching movies. =)

3:47 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Heh heh - I did take some Zzzzz and watch a movie. What a productive lazy sunday!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home