Thursday, March 09, 2006

Translation Malfunction

Thanks guys for leaving such sweet comments. Except the one about poop.

On another topic, the 78th Oscar Awards results
(Cue sweeping John Williams theme music)

Best Movie: Crash
Best Director: Ang Lee
Best Acress: Reece Witherspoon
Best Actor: That weird looking guy- Philip Seymour Hoffman
Best Song: It's hard out here for a pimp.
(Record Scratch)

It's hard out here for a pimp? The performance was a hilarious Oscar moment.

I'm glad I got to witness it, with my grandma, who kept asking me what they were singing...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, "It's Hard Out There for a Pimp" was the most horrible song, and I was definitely shocked. Crash's theme song "In the Deep" (or whatever it's called. I just kept hearing her repeat that line over and over again) was sooo much better.

I thought that Pimp song totally brought the Oscar's reputation and its maturity/sophisticated-level down (if that made any sense to you...)

8:04 PM  
Blogger Max E Pad said...

Do we have a Chinese Translation for Pimp?

Tell her it's type of exotic fruit from the land of Africa and give her a bottle of Pimp Juice the following week to complete her tour of "Ghettoness"

and there's nothing wrong with pooping...Everybody poops; I'm sure you've read that book when you were little.....

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home